Phantom Feather Press are seeking short story submissions for our new children’s anthology, ‘The Best of Twisty Christmas Tales.’
Well-written, offbeat, zany Christmas tales with a kiwi flavour or a fantastical twist will capture our editors’ hearts and earn you a spot in this festive book for 8—12 year olds and their families. So rein in those mischievous elves, decorate the pohutakawa and sprinkle your enchanted pavlova with fairy dust. Get in the spirit of tinsel and magic as you weave Christmas wonder for eager children!
Stories should be suitable for 8-12 year olds, but also have appeal to a wider readership. Maximum word count 1,500 words.
Your editors are Peter Friend, Alicia Ponder and Eileen Mueller. The anthology will be compiled from submissions, and selected stories from Twisty Christmas Tales Volume 1, available here as an ebook.
Authors can expect to hear back from Phantom Feather Press 4–6 weeks after submissions close. If you have not heard from us by 6 August, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy spinning your Christmas yarns!
- Submissions close at midnight on Sunday 22 June 2014.
- Authors must be New Zealanders, have lived in New Zealand, or have a strong connection with NZ.
- Authors will receive a payment of $NZ20 for each story published (into a NZ bank account or a Paypal account) and a copy of the book.
- Up to two stories per author may be accepted for the publication, although you may submit up to three stories.
- All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com
- Entries will be judged blindly, so your submission must conform to the formatting guidelines below. Failure to conform to these guidelines may disqualify your story.
- File name must be the story title.
- File format must be .rtf, .doc or .docx.
- Entries will be judged blindly. No author name, address or other identifiers may be included anywhere in the attached manuscript.
- Author name, word count, story title, and a short author bio, of 2-3 sentences must be included in the accompanying email.
- All documents must:
- be in 12 point Courier or Times Roman font.
- use double spacing between lines.
- include a page header with the story title and page number.
- not include footers.
- enclose all dialogue in double quotation marks.
- use # for section breaks.
- italic text should be italicized, not underlined.
- We prefer automatically indented first lines of paragraphs.
Best of luck with your submissions,
from the team at Phantom Feather Press